Summer means that fresh berries are in season! Here is an easy and delicious treat to dig into!
- 5 cups of mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup cold butter, diced
Vanilla ice cream – not mandatory, but highly recommended!
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Combine berries, sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon, then place into baking dish. Sprinkle a little extra sugar and cinnamon on top.
- In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and salt. Cut in butter using a fork until mixture becomes crumbly. Sprinkle streusel mixture over the berry mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake until the crisp topping is lightly brown, and the filling is bubbling – around 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream and enjoy!