Holiday Office Hours
Good tidings from all of us at the Crawford Insurance Group! Please be aware that there will be temporary changes in our office hours to reflect the holidays. We hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas season, and thank you for entrusting us with your insurance needs!
Michigan Auto Insurance Form
A few weeks ago, we sent out an article of all the latest information about the Michigan Auto Insurance No-Fault Reform. If you missed this very informative article, click here to view it.
We will continue to keep you informed on any auto reform updates that we receive, and please feel free to reach out to us with any questions!
Happy New Year!
Happy holidays, and Happy New Year! Here are some tips on how to bring in the new decade safely!
- If you’re going out and plan on celebrating with alcohol, make sure you have a designated driver, whether it be a ridesharing service or a friend. Don’t drink and drive!
- Did you know that New Year’s Day is the second most active holiday for car thefts? If you must leave your car somewhere overnight, make sure that it’s locked, and try to pick your vehicle up the next day as early as possible!
- If you’re hosting a party, try to keep your guest list limited to people you actually know – strangers may be less likely to respect your property. You probably don’t want to bring in the new year filing a claim for damages or missing items!
- Another tip for hosts – be sure you’re serving plenty of food! Having snacks available throughout the evening not only keeps your guests happy but can also help counter the effects of alcohol.
- While tempting, avoid starting the new year off with a ‘bang’, whether it be firearms or fireworks. Both can lead to injuries, and sometimes even a fire, and neither mix well with celebrating crowds.
- Keep your pets safe! Avoid taking them out into crowds, and make sure they are in a secure location, so they don’t feel the need to try to run away in a panic.
Got Big Plans for the Holidays?
The Christmas spirit usually goes hand in hand with the giving spirit! If you are giving someone in your household a gift that is considerably valuable, like an instrument, a new set of golf clubs, a high-end camera, or jewelry (hello, engagement season!), you might want to consider insuring it to financially protect yourself in case it’s lost, stolen or damaged.
Most home or renter’s insurance policies provide some coverage, but depending on the item, it may not cover the full value of your more expensive belongings. A standard homeowners policy pays out up to $1,500 for jewelry, furs, electronic apparatus such as smart phones, laptops and tablets, and up to $2,500 for firearms and silverware. These limits vary by insurance carrier, so if you have any questions about what your policy currently covers or would like a quote to see how much it would cost to ensure a specific item, feel free to call us!
Scholarship Opportunity Now Available!
All of us at The Crawford Insurance Group are very pleased to announce that we are now offering an exciting scholarship opportunity to high school seniors at select local high schools! We will be giving away one scholarship to one winner at each of the listed seven schools below. In order to qualify, the applicant must be:
- A high school senior
- A student attending one of the following listed schools:
- Lake Orion, Rochester, Rochester Adams, Stoney Creek, Notre Dame, Lutheran North, Utica
- Involved in the community through volunteer, activities, or other means.
We have the scholarship application available on our website’s homepage for interested students to apply, and the opportunity will remain open to applicants until March 31st. For more information, you can call our main office at 248-402-5005 or just email any questions to email@example.com
Candy Cane Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish
Quick and easy – perfect for breakfast on Christmas morning!
- ¾ cup frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg for egg wash + 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 teaspoons coarse sugar for sprinkling
- 1 box puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
In a saucepan, combine with all the sauce ingredients and stir over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for a 4—8 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
Using a mixer, beat softened cream cheese until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add sugar and beat another 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add vanilla, lemon juice, egg, and mix until combined. Set aside.
Unfold puff pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, lightly roll to make them an even square.
Divide the cream cheese mixture into halves and spear each half onto the center of the pastries.
Add a few tablespoons of the raspberry sauce on top, lightly spreading it.
With a butter knife, cut to make a rectangle at the top and bottom of the pastry. Fold the flaps over and pinch to seal. This will prevent leaks while the pastry bakes.
Next, make 5-8 slits on each side, making sure each side has the same amount. Starting from the bottom, fold each flap over onto the other side, braiding until you reach the end. Pinch to seal.
Brush with an egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Combine powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream, whisking until fully incorporated. Add more cream until you achieve your desired consistency. Make sure it isn’t too thick, so it doesn’t run off the Danish.
Drizzle the icing over the Danish, and then shape into candy cane. Refrigerate if not eaten immediately. Enjoy!
Quote for a Cause!
Starting now and going throughout the year of 2020, we are partnering with two causes that we’re passionate about, the Grace Centers of Hope and the Michigan Humane Society. For every person who reaches out to us for a quote, we will allow them to choose which cause they would like us to donate $10 towards, even if we don’t write the policy! Help us help our community, either by spreading the word to others or by calling us today for a free quote!
If you wish to learn more about Grace Centers of Hope, click here.
If you wish to learn more about the Michigan Humane Society, click here.